- Once you are regularly into green tea, your thirst runs away and you no longer desire to drink another drink. Not even water, which makes your body in need of nutrients.
- Green tea contains tinges of caffeine, a minute amount. Overconsumption can lead to insomnia, nausea, irregular heartbeats, diarrhea etc so better beware.
- It is toxic if taken in the empty stomach can cause gastrointestinal and liver toxicities. It is advisable not to take green tea during fasts or when empty stomach.
- Polyphenols in green tea are claimed to block the properties of an anticancer drug called bortezomib. So basically it is harmful in some way.
- It depreciates the absorption of iron from the food supplements. They contain tannins which lower the absorption and causes a deficiency of iron.
- It increases the flow of calcium through urine. When we have a low amount of calcium in our body, it makes our bones weak which leads to osteoporosis.
- Catechins present in green tea target the mitochondria and disturbs out metabolic functions which in turn creates an adverse effect on our liver.
- It worsens anxiety.