Side Effects of Green tea :- To all the green tea lovers, how often do you consume green tea ? Have you tried losing weight with the help of green tea ? Well to your surprise green tea has so many dangerous side effects that after reading this you will definitely break up with green tea. It is advisable not to take more than 300mg of green tea/day.
The green tea you consume contains polyphenols, which causes inflammation in our liver. It also causes infections to the urinary tract. A case was reported that a 16-year-old girl consumed 3 cups of Chinese green tea every day in order to lose weight. Later on, she suffered sickness and joint pains. When diagnosed the doctor found that she was prone to hepatitis. As she was not into any other drug or medication, it was the green tea that caused this, said the Doctors. After dropping that she recovered. It was then that Doctors announced to spread the dangers of green tea.
Side effects of green tea:
- Once you are regularly into green tea, your thirst runs away and you no longer desire to drink another drink. Not even water, which makes your body in need of nutrients.
- Green tea contains tinges of caffeine, a minute amount. Overconsumption can lead to insomnia, nausea, irregular heartbeats, diarrhea etc so better beware.
- It is toxic if taken in the empty stomach can cause gastrointestinal and liver toxicities. It is advisable not to take green tea during fasts or when empty stomach.
- Polyphenols in green tea are claimed to block the properties of an anticancer drug called bortezomib. So basically it is harmful in some way.
- It depreciates the absorption of iron from the food supplements. They contain tannins which lower the absorption and causes a deficiency of iron.
- It increases the flow of calcium through urine. When we have a low amount of calcium in our body, it makes our bones weak which leads to osteoporosis.
- Catechins present in green tea target the mitochondria and disturbs out metabolic functions which in turn creates an adverse effect on our liver.
- It worsens anxiety.
Green tea is certainly not bad for health but it has some side effects and hence it is advisable that it should be consumed in moderate amounts. Diabetic patients must stay away from consumption of green tea as it interferes with blood sugar level. Aspirin in takers must also stay away because together, they increase the chances of bleeding.